Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Acorn Scandal

I want to tell you about some dastardly deeds going on. I find them highly offensive. I can't believe it's been allowed to go on this long. There must be a stop to it.

Some squirrels have decided to band together and knock acorns out of the tree in our front yard recently. These acorns have fallen on our driveway. With no thought about it, Jess and I have backed our cars out of the garage and crushed these acorns. They have left a mark on the concrete that screams for power-washing. These squirrels just cost us some hard-earned money.

The squirrels aren't fessing up to it. In fact, I think they blame us for noticing them and not cleaning them up in time. I've asked the squirrels to stop, but they seem defiant. Some of the squirrels try to say "not all squirrels are like this".

We know better. Where there are acorns, there are squirrels to push them out of trees.

My only hope is for this recent DFW monsoon to wash away some of the mark left by these incomprehensible acts.

I hope to rest from this controversy soon, relax, and find out what's going on in the news today.

3 comments:

  1. where is eddie? he usually eats these...things.

    not recently clark. he read that squirrels were high in cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a video that you should watch, which may help you to get the squirrels to "stop it":
    http://www.bradruggles.com/2009/06/30/no-seriously-stop-it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mnichols,

    "'S-T-O-P', New Word, 'I-T'!" Very funny, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete